This chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have made is probably the best one yet. I have made many different ones; looking for that perfect recipe online and from all my recipe books – I have many of them. I have tried altering a few recipes and it just does not come out the way I wanted them. These are packed with loads of chocolate, thick, big, soft and chewy. It has all the requirements that I have been looking for. I don’t want a chocolate chip cookie too thin nor do I want it very thick that I would consider cake-like. The link for this original recipe can be found HERE. I am going to try to make them smaller and try to freeze them individually. A tin of cookies and a tin of frozen ones would be a wonderful gift. One to enjoy now and the other one will be when the cookies run out. According to the recipe, I needed to use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to measure out for each cookie. I could not get this to work for me. I just used an ice cream scooper. I also did a mixture of chocolate chips I had on hand. I think it was mini chips in semi sweet and dark chocolate chips. I used my kitchen aid with this – made it much easier.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 – 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 – 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low-speed – add flour, cornstarch, baking soda and baking powder.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Dough will be thick. The paddle attachment is great for this.
- Measure out each cookie using a 1/4 cup measuring spoon or ice cream scooper. They should be in the shape of thick discs.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. The center of the cookie will still look a little undercooked. This is what you want.
- Remove from oven and allow to cook 1 minute on the pan, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.