A brownie recipe is usually packed full of chocolate but not this one. It is Lemon all the way. Of course, I had to try it. I came across this recipe last year. I found it on pinterst but I cannot remember the link. If I really like a recipe, I will type it up and save it to my computer. Also, a printed version will go into my recipe binder. This one was one of those.
These are really good. I will substitute the lemon for oranges next time I make this; just to see how it would taste. The cake part is not very sweet and the glaze is too sweet. Together it is a perfect balance.
*Recipe below are amounts for 8×8 pan. The ingredients can be doubled for a 9×13 pan.
- zest of 1/2 lemon – about 1 teaspoon
- juice of 1/2 lemon – about 1 tablespoon
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix in butter with a electric mixer.
- In another bowl, which the eggs with the lemon juice and zest.
- Add to larger bowl and mix well.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Cook for 25 minutes for a 8×8 pan and cook for 30 minutes for 9×13 pan if doubled recipe.
- Let cook and glaze
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Additional zest, if desired.
Stir together and spread onto brownies.